Sign in to follow this  
Ramon BuySell

What is this "power tool", what does it do and what is it worth?

When I'm out looking for stock I often take photos of stuff that I am not familiar with to research the value of when I get home.

I saw this thing among my photos, did a Google reverse image search and suggested as "power tool".

I know Bushnell makes optics products, I've been going through a image search of their products but only binoculars and scopes are coming up?

What is this thing used for and what is it worth?

bushnell.jpg.a6920415cc485975a50cb3461f26d563.jpg

Posted (edited)

On 3/17/2020 at 2:12 PM, Claude said:

@Business Machines Do you know what this is?

That is a radar speed gun. A Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun to be exact.

From Wikipedia

A radar speed gun (also radar gun and speed gun) is a device used to measure the speed of moving objects. It is used in law-enforcement to measure the speed of moving vehicles and is often used in professional spectator sport, for things such as the measurement of bowling speeds in cricket, speed of pitched baseball, athletes and tennis serves.

From Bushnell

Knowing how fast a player pitches or runs can instantly influence a coaching decision. The Velocity speed gun can give you the data you need to improve your game.

• Easy-to-use, point-and-shoot pistol grip
  • Large, clear LCD display
  • Displays fastest speed once trigger is released
  • Auto racing - 10-200 MPH (up to 1,500 feet).
  • Ranges - Baseball/softball/tennis: 10-110 MPH (up to 90 feet).

Retail in South Africa is anywhere from R2000 to R4000 according to a cursory Google search ($97.99 from Amazon and $149.99 from Bushnell).

This is obviously not intended for law enforcement or professional sports purposes. People in the Amazon reviews mention what they use theirs for. I'm not sure how popular this product is locally or what its commonly used for here.

Edited by Business Machines

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Business Machines I thought it was some kind of night spotting scope (see pic), a speed gun has a small market in SA and is worth less than a spotter scope.

NITESITESPOTTER.jpg.d62df7483b85f05fc4966bc3643492f5.jpg

Edited by Ramon BuySell

Sign in to follow this